Friday 15 February 2008

On the train...

Being shy, I usually don't speak to individuals on the train. It's become a sort of norm for everyone. You don't speak to anyone to don't know the name of. You just mind your own business- read, listen. Etc and avoid disturbing someone. However, I did speak to someone on the train, and even by the time I left, I still didn't know his name. Actually, he started speaking to me. He asked me whether I was a school captain (I don't know how he knew... I wasn't wearing anything that indicated as such), and the conversation continued from there. He was very nice, articulate and clear, and most importantly, friendly. One particular thing that he told me, regarding my captaincy, was that I could do it. I don't know why, but this man that I didn't really know that well, telling me that I could do it was really comforting. Anyway, just thought I'd post this, for some reason...

No comments: