Sunday 12 August 2007

Try

There are moments that bring out the best in us, sometimes it's the best feelings, sometimes it's our best qualities. Tonight seemed like one of those moments that you want to hold on to and latter say, 'Remember when?' Because there is a feeling attached to such moments, that gives it meaning and depth.

Tonight, Ash, Brooke and I journeyed through Crown. We initially arrived to see the new Transformers film, but we arrived exceptionally early (about 3 hours early, an estimate) So we strolled through Galactic Circus and played the games there. One of which, involved all three of us, and we did really well in. It was heaps of fun, thrilling and unifying. The movie was great also, comical but also deep in certain aspects.

I arrived home feeling elated, and I realised that this is a great starting point for change. For change requires action, to assist that, I have tried doing something practical. I wrote, in purple ink, on my hand, the Latin word veritas, which means truth. My hope is that every-time I see that word I will ask myself, what is the truth? And I'll be able to answer to myself, it is quite simply love. That way, I hope, that I will remember what is most important, the people I love - family and friends, my girlfriend whom I care about. That way, I hope, I'll remember that I do really care and so to I must express that care. 
This may all sound ridiculous, but I hope that this single Latin word will trigger a wave of positive thoughts that will help me remember the important things in life.

I also wrote, on each finger of one hand, the letters T, R and Y, collectively spelling 'Try'- to remind me to keep on trying, no matter how difficult it is to change for the better. 

Last time Ash, Sami and I went out together, we bought patterned friendship bracelets, which I now plan to wear as often as I can, to also remind me of my friends, and that I do care for them and that they are important to me, so I should act thus. 


No comments: