Thursday 26 July 2007

A bump in the road...

What I have realised over time is the sheer exaggeration of my reaction to situations. What Rex seems to do is that he takes a minor doubt or problem and magnifies beyond due proportion, thus resulting in an extreme reaction to an otherwise simple complication. What I mean is - well, let me use the analogy of a tiny bump in a road. Normally, one would be little disturbted by the bump and thus react minimally, paying little or not attention to the bump (representative of an issue - doubt or insecurity). Yet, upon feeling this little 'bump' I react in an exaggerated manner and thus my response to the mere, seemingly simple bump is an extreme one. This extreme response to even the slightest of issues defines my mood swings, I guess. It's as if even the tinniest of problems is magnified and I react to it extremely- overreact is the word. 
I guess I have to learn to control my emotions, and relearn how to respond to 'bumps' of varying sizes, for inevitably I will have to pass over them.  


No comments: