Sunday 8 July 2007

Change

In Year 9, I was diagnosed with OCD. In the two years since then most people assume that I have 'completely' recovered. Yet, as was revealed to my gf, friend and myself this week, it is far from the fact. I have seemingly fallen into a relapse, yet this is not what worries me so much as the fact that my obsessive-compulsive behaviour affects the people I love. I need to change my behaviour, yet I struggle to know even where to begin. Up until this week I would not even consider that I had a recurring problem, yet when I consider how I've hurt the people I love, it becomes apparent and disturbingly clear. I know that my behaviour needs to change, before I completely push away the people I love.
In retrospect, I've already started to push them away. I've already hurt them. How do you reverse hurt?

No comments: