Tuesday 31 July 2007

Talking to people

It's so much easier to talk to people when you speak to them as a person, on a personal level, rather than as someone who is 'this' or 'that' This is another pondering, but I kinda noticed that when trying to communicate with people using either secondary info or perhaps assumptions gained by observation, one can not really get far. (Or at least, I thought so) But when talking to someone on a personal level, you can not only empathise, but also listen and in a way understand, but also, most importantly, really communicate. 

I think I should make that my goal, as a friend, to communicate on a personal level, instead of (mis)communication via contextual assumptions. It's a challenge, but I guess it should become part of what I'd like to change, since I tend to communicate more on assumptions that aggregrate in moods of attitudes towards a person. This could be perhaps be called a form of prejudice.
So, that should be my goal, as a friend, to communicate on a personal level.

Hope this post made sense.

No comments: