Thursday 12 July 2007

Thrills and chills

Despite the cold and dark, I decided to walk for a long time tonight, well.. yesterday night now. I strolled away from my usual course, seemingly tired of the routine and travelled beyond the known places of my residential suburb. 
In a sense, I felt proud for having walked so far. I traveled from one end to the other and even walked past Aaron's house. This may sound freaky or weird, but I took a photo of his house to prove to him latter that I had walked past it during the night. 
I stopped by two parks. The first was on the far end, away from my home. It was very open and I just sat on the swing and thought about how the Rex factor of my personality is affecting my gf (as I discussed in the pervous post) 
The second park I stopped by was more enclosed and across the street from where I resided as an infant in the flats. The block of flats adjacent to the park, whose name is Oakden, possessed a certain charm. They were... cottage-like, unique in that I had never seen anything like them. So quiet and serene. If the walls of those buildings could talk, I bet they would tell thousands of stories, going back all the way to my own infancy, as they watched me play in that same park.
I layed down on the slide in the night and looked upwards into the starry sky. I began to wonder about those lights and even saw in my mind's eye constellations of my own. I named one Special K, also known as Gumpy, reflecting its shape and how it reminded of the children's television character Gumpy. 
I also felt a bit small, thinking that each star, though tiny is view, is in actuality massive. And I pondered some of my own cosmic mysteries, which in a way didn't really make sense so I won't discuss them here.
I walked home then and quickly creaked the gate shut and went inside. I didn't want anyone at home to know that I had been out for so long, and since they hadn't called on my mobile I assumed that nan thought I was at mum and dad's, and mum and dad thought I was at nan's. 

No comments: