Thursday 12 July 2007

Drama

I remember why I enjoy drama once again. Today, from 9-3 I was at school rehearsing with the cast of The Servant of Two Masters. It was fun, though a particular scene was uncomfortable for me, since it involved my character (Florindo) to romantically embrace with his lover (Beatrice) So cheesy!  But none-the-less it was exciting, thrilling and I walked to the train station filling uplifted. 
It seems that drama is the only place where I can escape from Rex, because I can escape my own mindset and personality and immerse myself into persona of another. 
There is only a month-and-a-half remaining until the matinee and opening night. What concerns me is that in this short space of time we all must memorise our lines, some of which extend for whole paragraphs without interruption. I think to try to memorise I'll record the lines and of others and then fill-in the spaces where my character is meant to intercede. What also concerns me is that I don't know how well I can manage time in this regard... Only one way to find out I suppose. 

No comments: