Thursday 26 July 2007

Thought not a fact

It's a thought, not a fact. I have to remind of myself of that, especially in this very moment- when a powerful thought of doubt in my gf's faithfulness is threatening to cause me to act in an extreme. If I act on this thought (not fact) I'll be giving into Rex and ultimately hurting my gf. I can't let that happen- not again. This is how the cycle always begins, with a simple thought, to which I react extremely. I gotta remember... it's a thought, not a fact. It's not real- it's just a thought and only that. What is real? It's love, and I can't choose the thought above love; I can't lash my anger out on my gf or anyone because of a thought placed there by a voice. It is a thought, not a fact. It isn't real, but love is. God help me to challenge the voice in my head.

No comments: